Grid Freedom Group Petrol Station Solution
The Grid Freedom Group Petrol Station Solution is an intelligent, practical and effective way of drastically reducing the high electricity costs of running a 24 hour petrol station.
Petrol stations around the country have been known to experience extremely high electricity costs due to the fact that they operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Petrol stations often have convenience stores located inside which require 24/7 refrigeration units and other high consumption equipment. Most of the time, these petrol stations are located in optimum locations where there are high levels of sun radiation falling onto their roof. Petrol stations also have high wattage lighting located around the premises to illuminate throughout the night and early hours of the morning.
During sunlight hours there are massive amounts of energy, up to 1000 Watts per square meter, that are radiated from the sun onto your roofs, this energy is wasted simply by being converted into heat. While electricity costs are exponentially increasing and supply is becoming unstable, this wasted energy can be converted into a form that is useful: Electricity. Converting sun rays into electricity through the use of solar will instantly reduce monthly electricity bills as well as provide power security – being less dependent on the national grid.
Easy to understand breakdown of how the system works:
- Sun rays fall onto the solar PV panels (located on the roof of the petrol station), from here it is converted into DC current.
- The DC current then flows through double insulated PV cable to the inverter.
- The inverter then converts the DC current into AC current.
- From here it is fed into the DB to be coupled with the municipal connection to supply the home.
- If there is excess power it will be exported into the grid (currently being adopted in Durban. This process is already operational in Cape Town).
Our installation process has been designed specifically as to not impact the busy trading time of petrol stations.
Please note, an exciting feature of the Grid Freedom Group Petrol Station Solution offers you the ability to monitor your solar system power production from wherever you are via a downloadable app!
What our Petrol Station system includes
- Full supply of all necessary components for the system.
- Custom designed Aircraft Grade aluminium mounting framework for the panels.
- In line DC & AC fuse and protection devices in case of surges and faults.
- Full Compliance Certification of products (SANS 61000-4-7 / IEC 6100-4-7).
- Water proofing test to ensure that the panel installation has not compromised the water proofing of the roof.
- Sign off from an ECSA certified professional Engineer (SANS 10142-3).
- 25 year performance guarantee on solar panels.
- 5 – 25 year guarantee on the Inverter.
- Assistance on how to finance the system (if needed) and how to insure it.
- Training course on how to use the mobile app (this is dependable on which inverter option is used).
This system has been known to often shave up to 30% and above off of monthly electricity costs. With this system in place, you can be sure that your petrol station will run with extreme efficiency while your costs of running the business plummet.
If your petrol station has a car wash please see our car wash water solution to ensure that you recycle, harness and filter wasted soapy water to further lower operating costs.