Battery Back-up (UPS) - Domestic
The Grid Freedom Group Battery Backup system is a great choice for homes who experience or do not want the inconveniences linked to power failures.
The system is essentially a very large UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system which means that if there is a power failure, the battery backup system will kick in supplying power to the home via battery supply. During normal operation, when there is municipal mains present, the inverter will be working to charge the large battery bank. When the municipal mains supply falls away the charged batteries will then supply the power to the home. This system is in great demand in areas that experience recurring power failures. Once the system is installed your household will still be able to enjoy the luxuries of entertainment (such as televisions etc.), have lighting through out the house and most importantly have your security system up and running when there is a power failure in the area. This system is also perfect for businesses that experience power surges that affect your appliances.
- Full supply of all necessary components for the system.
- In line DC & AC fuse and protection devices in case of surges and faults.
- Batteries and battery racks.
- Full Compliance Certification of products (SANS 61000-4-7/IEC 6100-4-7).
- Full system installation.
- 5 – 25 year guarantee on the Inverter.
- Assistance on how to finance the system (if needed) and how to insure it.
The important thing to understand is that this system has no link to any solar panels and/or power generation. It simply stores municipal mains power for later use when there is no municipal mains present. If you are looking for a battery backup system as well as a solar system to reduce monthly electricity bills and provide your own power then please see our Domestic Hybrid System.