Grid Freedom Group Hybrid System - Domestic
The Grid Freedom Group Hybrid system is a popular form of solar energy for home installations – the system combines power saving and power security.
During sunlight hours there are massive amounts of energy, up to 1000 Watts per square meter, that are radiated from the sun onto your roofs, this energy is wasted simply by being converted into heat. While electricity costs are exponentially increasing and supply is becoming unstable, this wasted energy can be converted into a form that is useful: Electricity. Converting sun rays into electricity through the use of solar will instantly reduce monthly electricity bills as well as provide power security – being less dependent on the national grid.
The Hybrid system will begin to generate electricity as the sun rises in the morning, increasing its production as the radiation from the sun increases throughout the day. Most of the time the system will generate more power than the household consumption, therefore possibly leading to a cost-free day. Once night time begins to set in, the radiation levels will drop resulting in lower to no power output from the panels until the next morning.
Easy to understand breakdown of how the system works:
1.) Sun rays fall onto the solar PV panels (located on either the roof or ground), from here it is converted into DC current.
2.) The DC current then flows through double insulated PV cable to the inverter.
3.) From the inverter it will be converted from DC current into AC current to be coupled with the municipal connection to supply the house.
4.) There is a second output which will only provide power to the priority circuits in the building when there is no grid available – this output takes power from the batteries which are charged when there is a grid present.
5.) If there is excess power even after charging the batteries, it will then be exported into the grid (currently being adopted in Durban. This process is already operational in Cape Town).
Please note, an exciting feature of the Grid Freedom Group Hybrid Solar Solution offers you the ability to monitor your solar system power production from wherever you are via a downloadable app!
What our Hybrid system includes:
- Full supply of all necessary components for the system.
- Custom designed Aircraft Grade aluminium mounting framework for the panels.
- In line DC & AC fuse and protection devices in case of surges and faults.
- Batteries and battery racks.
- Full Compliance Certification of products (SANS 61000-4-7/IEC 6100-4-7).
- Water proofing test to ensure that the panel installation has not compromised the water proofing of the roof.
- Sign off after the installation from an ECSA certified professional Engineer (SANS 10142-3).
- 25 year performance guarantee on solar panels.
- 5 – 25 year guarantee on the Inverter.
- Assistance on how to finance the system (if needed) and how to insure it.
- Training course on how to use the mobile app (this is dependable on which inverter option is used).
The important thing to understand is a Solar Hybrid System cannot operate by itself unless there is a Grid to “tie” onto. So, if the grid falls away, due to a power failure, then the system will not work to generate power – however, we can offer a Generator Throttling option, which utilises your existing generator to become the grid should there be a power failure. Unlike the grid tie it will use the battery bank to provide power to the building should there be a power outage.